Facebook Marketplace allows users to easily buy and sell locally through the Facebook app. But if you’re an iPhone user, you may have noticed your Facebook app is missing the dedicated Marketplace tab icon along the bottom.
While Android Facebook apps have the icon, accessing Marketplace on iPhone takes a few extra taps. Here are some ways to get quick access to the Marketplace icon and features on your iPhone.
Table of Contents
Add a Marketplace Shortcut to Your Home Screen
The easiest way to access Marketplace on iPhone is to create a shortcut on your home screen:
- Open the Facebook app and tap the Menu tab.
- Scroll down and tap “See More”.
- Tap “Marketplace”.
- Tap the Share arrow at the top right.
- Select “Add to Home Screen” from the share menu.
- Name the shortcut “Marketplace” and tap Add.
Now you’ll have a dedicated Marketplace icon on your home screen!
Make Marketplace a Favorite in the Facebook Menu
You can also add Marketplace to your Favorites section at the top of the Facebook Menu:
- Tap the Menu tab in the Facebook app.
- Tap “See More” at the bottom.
- Tap the Marketplace option.
- Tap the star icon next to “Marketplace” to favorite it.
This adds Marketplace to your Favorites section for easy access.
Use the Facebook Messenger App
If you regularly use Facebook Messenger already, you can access Marketplace through the Messenger app:
- Open the Messenger app.
- Swipe to the left on the Friends tab at the bottom.
- Tap the shopping bag icon for “Marketplace”.
The Messenger app provides convenient Marketplace access from its bottom navigation.
Utilize Siri Shortcuts
You can also create a voice shortcut by making a custom Siri command:
- Go into iPhone Settings > Siri & Search.
- Select “App Shortcuts” under Siri Voice Shortcuts.
- Tap the + icon to add a new shortcut.
- Search for “Facebook” and add the Marketplace option.
- Record a phrase like “Facebook Buy and Sell”.
Now you can quickly open Marketplace just by saying your custom command!
FAQ About the Facebook Marketplace Icon on iPhone
Is Marketplace available on iPhone?
Yes, the full Marketplace experience is available on iPhone through the Facebook app – there just isn’t a permanent tab icon.
Does Facebook plan to add the icon?
Currently there is no indication Facebook will add the tab icon, though iPhone users have been requesting it.
What about iPad or Mac?
Unfortunately the dedicated icon is still not available even on larger screens like iPad and Mac.
Does Messenger have the icon on iPhone?
Yes, the standalone Messenger app does have the Marketplace shopping bag icon along the bottom.
Can I report the missing icon as a bug?
You can submit feedback about it, but likely not as a true bug since it’s an intentional design difference between platforms.
While iPhone’s Facebook app lacks the icon, you can still access Marketplace quickly using these tips. Soon we hope to see the tab added for consistency across platforms!