Table of Contents
How to Make Money as a Mixologist
1) Research: The first step to making money as a mixologist is researching what is trending in the cocktail world. What new and exciting flavors are popular? What cocktail trends have been around for a while? What ingredients are being used to create some of these innovative drinks? Making sure you’re up-to-date on current trends will set you apart from other mixologists and help you get ahead in your career.
2) Networking: Being in the know also means getting involved in events, competitions and networking meet-ups. This is a great way to get your name out there in the mixology industry and potentially land yourself some additional work. It’s also a great opportunity to learn from other mixologists, share recipes and collaborate on new creations.
3) Hands-on Experience: If you’re just starting out as a mixologist, you may want to gain some hands-on experience by working at bars or restaurants as a bartender. Not only will this give you the opportunity to hone your craft but it will also help build your resume when you’re ready to start taking on more creative cocktails.
4) Creative Mindset: As a mixologist, creativity is key! Whether it’s coming up with new recipes, experimenting with flavors or even finding creative ways to serve the drinks you create, having a creative mindset is essential for succeeding as a mixologist.
5) Promotion: One of the best ways to make money as a mixologist is promotion. This includes promoting yourself on social media, creating content for blogs and magazines, hosting events and competitions, or even writing your own book about cocktails. Promoting yourself and your craft in this way can open up many doors and make your name known in the industry.
6) Market Yourself: Finally, don’t forget to market yourself! Make sure that potential clients know who you are and what services you provide; create a website or portfolio of your work that you can share; and get your name out there through word-of-mouth advertising. It may take some extra effort, but marketing yourself as a mixologist can be the key to making money in this industry.
7) List your expertise of Cocktail mixing or beer pairings via Sidetrain. Sidetrain is an online platform that allows professionals in the hospitality industry to list their services and get hired by clients.
With these tips, you can make money as a mixologist – all while shaking up some delicious cocktails! Get involved in the community, be creative, promote yourself and take advantage of platforms like Sidetrain to help boost your career. With hard work and dedication you could be making money as a mixologist in no time!
- How to Make Money as a Pet Trainer
- How to Make Money as a Videographer
- How to Make Money as a Hair Stylist
- How to Make Money as a Reader
- How to Make Money as a Makeup Artist
- How to Make Money as a Traveler
- How to Make Money as a Board Game Enthusiast
- How to Make Money as a Fantasy Football Expert
- How to Make Money as a Chef
- How to Make Money as a Barista
- How to Make Money as a Photographer
- How to Make Money as a Dog Trainer